Selling to Surgery Center Customers
Ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) are a popular setting for many surgery and diagnostic procedures.
For the patient, they offer convenient care, generally with fewer hassles than a hospital visit. For the sales representative, they provide a sales opportunity – many ASCs purchase med-surg supplies at a rate similar to that of a small to mid-sized hospital without much of the bureaucracy that can make hospital selling a time-intensive challenge.
Penetrating the ASC market requires understanding how they work, and what makes them different from other types of healthcare providers. Understanding these unique aspects of ASCs as a whole and learning how to do your homework to understand the needs of a specific facility will help you approach them confidently and effectively, avoid damaging missteps, and position yourself quickly and efficiently for sales success.
This AMS course will help you accelerate your learning curve and sell successfully to ASCs.
Topics in this course include:
- The history of ASCs, what they do, and how they do it
- How ASCs are operated and managed
- How ASCs are regulated and how they are paid
- What med-surg supplies and equipment ASCs purchase and how they purchase it
- How to approach ASCs, differentiate yourself from competitors, and make sales