Selling Through Distributors
As a manufacturer sales representative, you are on the front lines of your company's interaction with distributors, working day-to-day with distributor sales managers, inside salespeople, and, especially, distributor sales representatives.
At its best, your relationship with distributor reps can be like unleashing your own personal sales force, with dozens of skilled salespeople out actively selling your products, and allowing you to multiply exponentially your effectiveness and profitability.
Of course, in the real world, things don't always work this smoothly. Distributor reps are highly independent, and directing their activities is difficult for their own managers—so it’s even harder for you.
Understanding the distributor’s point of view can help you modify your own behavior to achieve greater success when working with distributor reps. This course, based on interviews with experienced distributor salespeople, will provide insights on what your distributor partners need and expect from you, and how to get more sales support from distribution.
- Why it’s worth the effort to cultivate relationships with distributor reps
- How distributor reps think, and why their mindset may be different from your own
- How to build and develop rep-to-rep relationships
- How to use training opportunities, joint calls, and ride-alongs to create real selling enthusiasm among distributor reps
- Why it’s critical to develop and implement a joint sales plan with your distributors