Basics of Canadian Patient Privacy
As a salesperson serving healthcare customers in Canada, you need to be familiar with the country's personal health and information protection requirements. The two most significant are the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the Personal Information Protection Act (PHIPA). Why? First, your costumers must follow these laws. Secondly, you need to understand and be sensitive to PIPEDA and PHIPA's overall goal of protecting patient privacy.
In this course, you will learn:
- What PIPEDA and PHIPA are and why they matter to your customers
- Which practices protect private personal health information
- Which record keeping requirements you need to know
- Which consent requirements concern personal health information
- What a health information custodian is